Final Reflection

Throughout the semester, I believe I’ve efficiently achieved the course learning objectives. When it comes to “recognizing the role of language attitudes and standards in empowering, oppressing, and hierarchizing languages and their users, and be open to communicating across different languages and cultures”, I believe that the many readings provided from the course read has given me a great insight on how to do that efficiently. I definitely believe that this class has improved my ability to “explore and analyze, in writing and reading, a variety of genres and rhetorical situations”. As a result of that, I was definitely able to “develop strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising, and editing”. Throughout class, from taking key notes I was able to “recognize and practice key rhetorical terms and strategies when engaged in writing situations”. I was able to understand and properly execute “engaging in the collaborative and social aspects of writing processes” through essay writing. I believe I successfully “understood and used print and digital technologies to address a range of audiences”, most notably in my narrative presentation. From the research paper, I was able to “locate research sources (including academic journal articles, magazine and newspaper articles) in the library’s databases or archives and on the Internet and evaluate them for credibility, accuracy, timeliness, and bias” quite efficiently. I bettered my skill in “composing texts that integrate my stance with appropriate sources using strategies such as summary, critical analysis, interpretation, synthesis, and argumentation” from forming various thesis statements for various essays. Finally, from utilizing sources I was able to “practice systematic application of citation conventions”.

I believe that this semester in freshman composition helped me overall better my skill. The semester as a whole was centered around the idea of language and that was something that in a broader sense, I was able to relate to myself for the narrative assignment. I learned so much when it came to essay writing and analyzing a piece of text. As a result I’m much more comfortable with it and I am more capable of doing it now than I was before the semester. The attached picture was just an evaluation I was given from a fellow peer that helped me shape one of my essays to be better. I believe everything provided in class helped further my knowledge and skill in English and composition, which to be totally honest, was something I really lack. I’m not one who is fond of reading, but this class helped me enjoy it and understand it through summary and analysis skills. It was a great semester!

Click Here!